Background and AimMaterials and Methods
The Covid-19 pandemic changed dramatically our daily private and scientific lives. Due to the travel and meeting restrictions set up all over the globe we decided to take up the challenge to organize an exciting, pioneering conference on a virtual basis. The aim of the meeting is to encourage active exchange of ideas and to support worldwide networking between senior and junior scientists.
Results & Discussion
- a boundless amount of brainwork from the local organizing committee, the scientific committee, the board members of the ESSR & the ChirFor as well as the help of the sister societies in South Africa, UK, USA and Japan
- a newly built Virtual Venue
- a great PCO
- Conference Date: December 10th & 11th , 2020
- Virtual Venue open from December 5th to December 13th, 2020
- 253 submitted abstracts from 18 countries and 5 continents
- 11 topics covering basic, translational and clinical research
- 7 awards - including the prestigious Walter Brendel Award 2020 - will be assigned
- 4 live, plenary sessions
- 28 invited talks
- 151 talks
- 84 E-Posters
- 24/7 Q&A possibility for all delegates
- Networking Lounges with senior scientists
- Virtual Booths for supporting companies
We present a novel, exciting approach to do a conference during COVID-19.
The scientific program was designed to help delegates all over the world to share their experiences and results, and to interact with peers.
This will be the first virtual conference of the European and the Austrian Society for Surgical Research. Be part of the new frontier!